Friday, October 19, 2012

DeLaffin Place!

After years of bugging my husband to help me solve my lack of space for crafts, he jokingly said "Why don't you use the shed?" The shed had absolutely  no space to walk because it looked like an episode from the show "Hoarders" with all of his tools,riding lawnmower and old locker from work!) Well, that was all I needed to circle like a hungry vulture on his precious shed once he went out of town for a fishing trip! Bwah ha ha ha ha! (evil dasterdly laugh!!!) When he came home the next day, I had completed the task of moving all of his stuff out,reorganized a utility room to store the garden tools and hung shelves in the garage and organized all of his "stuff." (feel free to insert my evil laugh randomly anywhere) Now my poor victim, better known as PawPaw, was about to enter into the never-ending creative project list known as the mind of MawMaw!  We spent about 2 weeks insulating the walls of the old metal storage shed,put up particle board walls, installed an air-conditioner, installed cabinets that I found for $10 each at Habitat for Humanity and then I spent the next 2 weeks painting it all and organizing all of my craft supplies. MawMaw and kid heaven!

I bought a huge dining room table for $30 at a local flea market. It was scratched and had permanent marker scribbled all over the top.The original brown stained finish looked like someone had spilled fingernail polish remover in the middle of it but after a few days with a sander and some paint I created our crazy craft table where all the magic stuff happens around here! The chairs were only $10 each  but they didn't look so great until they were reupholstered and painted to go with the table. We love it! Here's a view of the top:



                                    

This is an old screen door that I painted and turned on it's side to frame a mural on the wall.



This was found for $25 at a flea market and then I painted it to match the other things. The metal garden cart wall-hanging thing over it is loaded with gift wrapping supplies.

                                             




This is the toy corner where my 4 year old grandson has toys in the box to entertain him when he gets bored with crafting.I made the mailbox for "secret pal" gifts.


Here's a view of the chair seats. I used a cotton fabric for the seats which would be terrible for chair seats,especially in a craft room for kids but I covered over them with a thick clear upholstery fabric that makes spills a breeze to wipe off. Now, are you ready for this? Here is where MawMaw hangs out while the kids are crafting on their side of the room!


I found a Tommy Hilfiger quilt to upholster the antique  chair that I found for only $20 at the flea market! The stool was my grandmother's old sewing machine stool that I sawed a few inches off the legs to get the right height for the chair and then recovered it in a striped fabric.

 I copied the design that I painted on the doors from an old calender that I found. It was missing some of the pages so I am sorry but I can't credit the original artist...sorry!



I found this long frame at Habitat for Humanity for only $5 so I added little shelves and dowels to organize thread and ribbon

This is the view from the door.This was my husband's old locker from work until I stole it! I made the 2 long frames and painted one with chalkboard paint and added cork to the top of the other one to pin ideas on. I left the bottom of one for the kids to play with magnets on.They love to play hop-scotch on the pink rug.

Well,I hope you enjoyed your visit to DeLaffin Place! I can't wait to get this blogging stuff all figured out so I can show you all DeLaffin Times that we have here and all the stuff that we create! Bye Ya'll! See ya soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment